View of front and side facade of building housing "F. Brown Druggist;"
"H. J. Pepperison Jewelers;" and "Blanchard & Rock Paper
Hangings" whose doorway is designated #165. Next to the corner building
on the Chestnut Street side is the Franklin Fire Insurance Co. A yellow horsecar
with green wheels, marked "Exchange" and "Chestnut Street" is loading passengers
at the rear. There are two escorted ladies in the image and one unescorted lady.
There are thirteen men, some with top hats and canes or rolled umbrellas. The
solitary tree is bare of leaves.
Drawn for Ferdinand J. Dreer, 1851.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.002