There are two three-storey buildings in this image. They house the "G. Wenzler Carriage Factory" and a wine and lager buisiness. There is an "Eating house" to the rear. There is a row of one-storey buildings to the left covered with advertisements for "The Great New York Novelty Company," "Barry and Kendel," and "The Walnut Street Theater." .There is a sign for the "New Central Bazaar" and "Ditmar Stocks & Co." There might also be a stable among these low buildings as there is a man leading an unsaddled horse down an opening between them. A man, whip in hand, is driving two horses from a carriage. There are five other men visible. Three telegraph poles appear in the scene. A church spire is in the distance.
Drawn for Ferdinand J. Dreer, 1851.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.011