West side Broad Street between Vine and Wood Streets, 1879

Philadelphia, Pa.

The building depicted at the far right houses "John Siddon Flour Feed Hay Grain." Going to the right, the next building, the Penn Museum & School of Industrial Arts" has "Glass Rooms." Continuing to the right, the next building sports a sign in a window for "House Painting" and a smaller sign for "Sing/House Painting." The corner building is "John Larzelere Livery & Sale Stable." A sign on the Wood Street side of the building offers: "Grain Feed Oats Corn Straw Hay." A broadside on the same wall advertises a "Dog Show April." Across Wood Street is an unidentified building with six barrels in front of it. There are three telegraph poles in the scene and a gas lamp on the corner.


Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.014


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/lcp014.html
updated by BMC august 01, 2000