East Side of Broad Street from Vine Street running South, 1879

Philadelphia, Pa.

The central feature is the three-storey building at #251 and #249, the site of "T. B. Parker & Son. Coach & Wagon Builders." "Nth Broad St. Wagon Works." A symbol of the business is a red wheel sitting on top of the building. Chassis of unfinished wagons can be seen above the fence surrounding the property. Huge piles of lumber fill the yard surrounding this building. They belong to "Geo. Nass Lumber" whose office is a small one-storey pink building to the extreme left. Two work wagons and a passenger coach are parked curbside in front of the wagon works. In the background is the building of "W. H. Lodge, Stair Builder."


Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.015


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/plc015.html
updated by cc august 10, 2000