East side of Broad Street between Vine and Wood Sts., March 1879

Philadelphia, Pa.

The three-storey building to the left has a "To Let" sign posted. To the right are #319 and #317 which hold the business of "James C. Prichett Flour & Commission Merchant." Some of the panes of glass are broken. A man in an apron stands in front of the doorway large enough to admit a wagon, probably leading to a loading dock.. #315 serves "Lager Beer." It sits on the corner of Pearl Street, which is essentially an alley. A man is entering #315. The doorway and first floor window are trimmed with dripcaps. The four-storey building on the other side of the alley has its shutters closed on the first three floors. There is a telegraph pole curbside, and a sewer opening at the corner is visible.


Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.016


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/lcp016.html
updated by BMC July 18, 2000