Northeast corner of Broad and Cherry Streets , 1878

Demolished 1881

Philadelphia, Pa.

This view features the one-storey "Adelphi Theatre." Four advertising boards lean againt the front of the bullding which is lighted by four gas lamps. There are three gas lamps of two different designs at the edge of the sidewalk.To the left of the theatre in #143 are two businesses: "W. J. Koch & Co." and "Colhown & Cowton, Liquor Dealer, Commission Merchant." To the right are two signs for "Converys Coal Yard and Lehigh & Schuykill Coal." A couple crosses the street and a single female and single male are visible on the sidewalk


Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.025 /evans/lcp025.html
updated by BMC July 18, 2000