Old Mechanic Fire Co. & House of Refuge Wall, Present Site (1891) of Geo. Lutz's Tailor Shop
The fire company sits on the corner and appears to be constructed of wood. It is a narrow, two-storey building and has a bell tower on top with an observation platform. Behind it and to the left is visible the stone House of Refuge. The wall along both streets is of wood and has theatrical broadsides on it. One advertises "National Circus, Dan Rice." Several people are visible in the scene.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.042