Bricklayer's Cos. Building
Changed into a store in 1872 and occupied by Norris & Bro. Plumbers.
Northeast corner Thirteenth and Race Streets, Philadelphia, Pa.
This light-colored corner edifice, surrounded by a simple, low wrought iron fence, is flanked on its side and to the rear by 3 1/2-storey red brick townhouses. Two windows are open in the house to the left; the shutters of the house on the right are closed to the sun. The latter house has wrought iron railings on either side of the white marble entrance steps and is separated from its neighbor by a high wooden fence. The five trees in the scene are barren of leaves. There are eleven adults visible in the scene.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.055