Sideyard of Forrest Mansion converted into a Concert Hall for Gilmore's Band, 1876 .
The broad, two-storey building with tall arched windows carries a "For Sale" sign. There is a low wrought iron fence separating this property from the broad expanse of sidewalk. The six trees are without leaves. The partially visible house to the left is either being built or undergoing renovation. A ramp to take materials in and out of the house extends out the front door. There are no people in the scene.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.063