Southwest corner of Seventh and Norris Streets, 1883

Seventh and Norris Street, Philadelphia, Pa.

Twin red brick townhouses with wooden buildings attached in the back sit in a fenced-in corner property in this almost rural scene. A man looks out over the fence. The fence sports painted ads: "The Press, The Best and Largest Newspaper." Also, "Occidental Cures." In front of the townhouses on 7th Street is a pump and water trough. Five pedestrians and a horse and open wagon carrying two barrels are visible. The trees in the scene are leafless.

Location: Library Company Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.129 /evans/plc129.html
updated by BMC august 03, 2000