Orthopaedic Hospital, 1886

Northwest corner of Seventeenth & Summer Streets., Philadelphia, Pa.

The hospital is a very handsome three-storey building on the corner. There are small coniferous trees in the small front yard which is enclosed by a low ornate wrought iron fence. The horsecar to the right runs on Seventeenth and Nineteenth Streets. Its destination is Filbert Street. There are seven pedestrians, one of whom is a juvenile. The image is a black and white watercolor. There is a penciled note under the picture: "Rebuilt 1887."

Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.142


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/plc142.html
updated by BMC July 18, 2000