As it looked in 1858.
Seventh Street above Market Street, Philadelphia, Pa.
The two-storey tan edifice faces Seventh Street on the corner of Commerce Street. It is surrounded by a low wrought iron fence. Several leafless trees are curbside. To the right across Commerce Street is a red brick building with an awning advertising "J. Human Boots Shoes." "Segars" and "Tobacco" are sold in the adjacent store. Entering the scene from the left is the Union horsecar. There is a street light at the corner. There are six adults present.
Copied from copy in Bement Collection by J. M. K. 1896.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.8933.3