West side Broad Street between Vine and Wood Sts., 1879

Philadelphia, Pa.

A building to the left has these words painted on the front: "John Siddon Flour Feed Hay Grain." Going to the right, the next building has "Glass Rooms." It is the "Penn Museum & School of Industrial Art."Continuing to the right, the next building sports a sign in a window for "House Painting" and a smaller sign for "Sing/House Painting." The corner building is "John Larzelere Livery & Sale Stable." A sign on the Wood St. side of the building offers: "Grain Feed Oats Corn Straw Hay." A poster on the same wall advertises a "Dog Show April." Across Wood St. is an identified building w/6 barrels in front of it. There are three telegraph poles and a gas lamp on the corner.

 

Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.014

 


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/lcp014.html
updated by BMC august 01, 2000