Northwest corner of Broad and Vine Streets, Nov. 1878

Philadelphia, Pa.

To the left is the large building, #1415, belonging to "R. M. GREEN SODA WATER FOUNTAINS." A nearby store advertises "Oysters." The green corner building houses "M. O'DONNELL WINES & LIQUORS." The pink building to the right on Broad Street also has a sign for "Wine & Lager Beer," but it also houses the "Quabeck Segar Manufactory." There is a telegraph pole and trolley tracks run on Vine Street. The two leafless trees are protected by wrought iron fencing.There are 14 adult figures in the scene and one child.

 

Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.017

 


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/lcp017.html
updated by BMC July 18, 2000