Northeast corner of Broad and Cherry Streets , 1878

Demolished 1881

Philadelphia, Pa.

This painting features the Adelphi Theatre. Four advertising boards lean againt the front of the bullding which is lighted by four gas lamps. There are three gaslamps of two different designs at the edge of the sidewalk.To the left of the theatre in #143 are two businesses: W. J. Koch & Co. and Colhown & Cowton, Liquor Dealer, Commission Merchant.To the right are two signs for "Converys Coal Yard and Lehigh & Schuykill Coal.There are a couple crossing the street and a single female and single male on the sidewalk

 

Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.025

 


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/lcp025.html
updated by BMC July 18, 2000