Southwest corner of Seventh and Chestnut Streets, 1851

Philadelphia, Pa.

This handsome street scene features a large red brick corner building which is not identified as to purpose. Next right is a yellow 3 1/2 storey town house. Next right in a red brick building are two businesses, "Mrs. M. Burks Millenry(sic)," and "Winchester & Scott Furnishing Store." The adjacent building is unidentified, but it is followed by "Cornelus & Co. Gas Fixtures." Across the street and on the corner, one can see a bit of the building housing Warne's Rifle & Pistol Gallery. There are two passenger coaches and numerous human figures on the sidewalks.

 

Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.043

 


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/lcp043.html
updated by BMC July 18, 2000