Northeast corner of Second and Arch Streets, Dec. 1878

Philadelphia, Pa.

The four storey red brick corner building carries signs for Wainwright & Co. and Groceries and Tea. Awoman sells merchandise from a table made of two sawhorses and a plank. There are three additional adult figures in the scene. The white building to the left, numbered "103"advertises a jeweler(full name not visible) and Jam Cresty (?) Mixed Paints. The red brick building to the right carries a sign for "Hats" and Damai(?). There is an awning frame attached to this building. There are a corner street light and a telegraph pole.

Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.064

 


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/lcp064.html
updated by BMC July 18, 2000