Rebuilt by Jos. Newman, 1882 .
The Lippincott Express & Transfer business is house in the corner building. In addition to the name, the words "25 cents" are painted on.To the left the next building holds "Shur & McConnel House & Sign Painter." The word "Marble" is also on the second building. There is a large yard between the two buildings holding numerous standing items which appear to be headstones for graves. An obelisk is also in this yard. These relate to the marble business. The next left building advertises "Furniture" in its awning. The the right is a double 2 1/2 storey red brick house. There are 14 adult humans in the scene. The trolley tracks of both streets intersect in the foreground. A streetlight and a drain are installed at the corner curb.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.069