Torn down 1880 for Pennsylvania R.R. Terminal 1879
West Penn Square and Filbert Street, Philadelphia, Pa.
The large corner building, facing Merrick St., houses The school of Design for Women. It is encircled by a wrought iron fence and has wrought iron railings on either side of the entrance steps. There are six female figures in front. On the far right 15th Street can be seen. Two women are riding in a two-horse open carriage with a driver. Two trolley tracks are visible. The trees are bare.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.070