Founded A. D. 1818, Rebuilt 1827, Enlarged 1835, Rebuilt 1887-1888.
Thirteenth St. near Vine, Philadelphia, Pa.
A large stone edifice is distinguised by a two sets of double wooden doors at the top of a double marble staircase with a wrought iron railing, fronted by a high wrought iron fence at street level. There is a fan light at the attic level. There is a white marble stone installed between the second and third stories. Between the two staircases, at street level, is another door. To the left of the church are two 3 storey red brick attached buildings with shops at street level. One, #242, advertises Notions and Trimmings on its awning. It isn't known what enterprise is housed in #240. To the right of the church are mored red brick townhouses. One carries a sign "Hinkle (illegible). A green trolley travels the single set of tracks. It advertises its route-13th & 15th Sts., and originates at the Baltimore Depot.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.103