Northwest corner of Sixth and Vine Streets, 1883

Sixth and Vine St., Philadelphia, Pa.

In this era Sixth and Vine was a very attractive residential area. To the left is a park or private property surrounded by a wrought iron fence. Marble pillars are at its gate. Numerous mature trees, now bare line both streets. The low white Penn National Bank sits of the corner with elegant red brick townhomes to its left and around the corner on Sixth. That homes is identified as the "Late Residence of Tucker Cambell South above Vine St." The Fifth and Sixth Sts. trolley which has Frankford as its destination is to the right. Trolley tracks are visible on both streets. Ten adult figures are visible in the scene.

Location: Library Company Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.122


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/lcp122.html
updated by BMC august 03, 2000