Southwest corner of Seventh and Norris Streets, 1883

Seventh and Norris St., Philadelphia, Pa.

This is almost a rural scene. Twin Red brick townhouses with wooden buildings attached in the back in the New England style sit in a fenced in corner property. A man looks out over the fence. The fence sports painted ads: "The Press, The Best and Largest Newspaper." Also, "Occidental Cures." In front of the townhouses on 7th St. is a pump and water trough. There is a horse and open wagon carrying two barrels. There are five pedestrians. The trees in the scene are leafless.

Location: Library Company Philadelphia
call number: P.2298.129

 


http://brynmawr.edu/iconog /evans/plc129.html
updated by BMC august 03, 2000