Founded MDCCLXXXVI (1786)
Fifth or Sixth St., Philadelphia, Pa.
The two storey red brick building is viewed from the opposite side of the street. It has a grand white entrance with marble steps and wrought iron railings. The name "Philad. Dispensary Founded MDCCLXXXVI" is across the front above the second floor. To the right in the adjacent brick building is the office of C. Shapley, Attorney at Law. Next right are two red brick buildings, one of which has a display window. To the left of the dispensary is a very grand gray building with a portico above the street level. A horse trolley which has Kensington as its destination is passing. There are about 15 adult figures in view.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.8730.1