As it looked in 1858.
Seventh Street above Market Street, Philadelphia, Pa.
The two-storey tan edifice faces Seventh St. on the corner of Commerce St. It is surrounded by a low wrought iron fence. Several leafless trees are curbside. To the right across Commerce Street is a red brick building which awning advertises "J. Human Boots Shoes." "Segars" and "Tobacco" are sold in the adjacent store. Entering the scene from the left is the Union trolley drawn by two horses. There is a street light at the corner. There are six adult figures present.
Copied from copy in Bement Collection by J. M. K. 1896.
Location: Library Company of Philadelphia
call number: P.8933.3