591? Germantown Avenue
Site Plan for building no. 2, Franklin Fire Insurance Policy O
Two story stuccoed stone house with an "old hip roof," fronting
on Germantown Avenue in front of the Butler Mansion, at the lower
end of the lawn. Built before 1830, occupied by William Lehman
and then Thomas Seddon. Demolished by E.H. Butler after his
purchase of the property in 1856.
- HSP: Franklin Fire Insurance Policy 6411 for Frederick
Seckel in 1847 and for E. H. Butler in 1856 (surveys, floor plans and site map
for five buildings; this house is identified as no. 2).
- Hotchkins, Rev. S. F. Ancient and Modern Germantown,
Mt. Airy, and Chestnut Hill. Philadelphia: P. W. Ziegler and
Co., 1889, p. 141 (text).
|| Key ||