5928 Germantown Avenue
Shoemaker Collection, folio 10: "Samuel Harvey's House Germantown Road
op Haines St." (John Richards' zinc lithograph).
Samuel Harvey's stone residence, "Rose Cottage," was located
on the site of Old and then New Town Halls on SW side of Germantown Avenue,
at present Lafayette St. Erected c. 1810; demolished for the construction
of the first Town Hall in 1854.
- GHS: Box 11, envelope 5: "Samuel Harvey's, site of Town Hall"
(photograph of original wash and ink drawing in John Richards' sketchbook,
- GHS: Johnson, George Clarence, compiler. Pictorial Germantown Road
& the Vicinity & Some of its Inhabitants, 2:91 (same John Richards'
image shown above).
- GHS: Keyser, Naaman. Manuscript Notes for v. 2 (north of Chelten),
History of Old Germantown, p 36 (unpublished
- HSP: Shoemaker Collection, folio 10: "Samuel Harvey's house, Germantown
Road op Haines St." (text and above
- Hotchkins, Rev. S. F. Ancient and Modern Germantown, Mt. Airy,
and Chestnut Hill. Philadelphia: P. W. Ziegler and Co., 1889, p. 142 (text).
- Jellett, Edwin C. Germantown Gardens and Gardeners. Germantown:
Horace F. McCann, 1914, p. 78 (text).
|| Germantown || Addresses
|| Texts || Maps || Key ||