Original house on Geissler tract
Between the rear of the Morris-Littell House and the Butler
5900 block of Germantown Avenue, east side
This small stone house was the original house on the Daniel
Geissler (died 1745) tract, now Germantown
High School. In the late nineteenth century it still stood
to the rear of the Morris-Littell
property, near the edge of E.H. Butler's
- GHS: Photo Box 1, p. 116, Collection of Edwin C.
Jellett: "Original house on Geissler tract, now Germantown High
School, Germantown avenue and High street" (photograph).
- GHS: Keyser, Naaman. Notes for v. 2 (north of Chelten),
History of Old Germantown, p. 38: "5933" (unpublished typewritten
- LCP: Jellett, Edwin C. Germantown Gardens and
Gardeners. Germantown: Horace F. McCann, 1914, pp. 13-14 (text).
|| Key ||