6026 Germantown Avenue
Wyck, the Haines House

LCP: John G. Bullock Collection (lantern slides):

1982 National Register of Historic Places Inventory for Colonial Germantown Historic District:
"(SWC Walnut Lane) Wyck, the Haines House, western section built c. 1730; eastern section built c. 1700 and passageway between sections enclosed before 1775; extensively altered 1824, William Strickland, architect; west wing built before 1845, two and one-half stories, stucco on stone with wood trim. Webster sites Wyck as the oldest extant house in Germantown. It also served as a British field hospital in the Battle of Germantown. (Webster, p. 279 and Lloyd). --- Significant."

Additional Sources:

|| Home || Germantown || Addresses || Texts || Maps || Key ||