1982 National Register of Historic
Places Inventory for Colonial Germantown Historic District:
"Two commercial/residential buildings, c. 1870, first floor alterations 6104 c. 1960; first floor alterations 6106 c. 1890; two and one-half stories, brick with marble, wood and pressed metal trim, Italianate style. --- Contributing."
In 1889 John Hammer's tin shop was located at 6104. Before 1870, an eighteenth-century stone dwelling stood at this location.