6105 Germantown Avenue
Photo Scrapbook 2(1), pp. 111-112
Germantown Historical Society
Included are two photographs with brief text:
- p. 111 (photograph of freestanding doorway):
"The Doorway of the Blair-Deaver House (6105) N.E. cor. Gtn. Rd.
& Walnut Lane. The house was built in 1806 and torn down in
1935. This doorway was given to the Germantown Historical
Society. The photograph shows the doorway as it has been set up
on the south side of G.H.S. Museum & forms an entrance to the
p. 112( the same photograph of the
hedge and facade found at GHS in Box 11, env. 3, #111):
"#6105. This house...was built by the Rev. Samuel Blair in 1806,
for his son Samuel Blair Jr...Robeson Lea Perot lived in this
house at one time. It was in 1871 owned by John Button. Dr.
Deaver was the last to live here, and he also died here. House
was torn down in 1935. The beautiful doorway, dormer and fan
window is preserved & exhibited at the Germantown Historical
Society's Museum. A Gas station now on site."
Back to the page for this
|| Key ||