1982 National Register of Historic Places Inventory for
Colonial Germantown Historic District:
"Commercial/residential building, c. 1870; various first floor alterations, three stories, stucco with wood trim, Italianate style. --- Contributing."
The 1854 insurance policy for Susan Douglass at this address describes a new three-story house; addendum to the policy show that the first floor was altered into a store in 1896. The site plan included in the policy is not incompatible with the 1989 photograph. Susan Douglass's barn previously stood on this site (her farmhouse was at 6114 Germantown Avenue.
"6110 This building, now occupied by W.B. Dewees, upholsterer, is a modern structure and is erected on ground that once belonged to the property above. The entrance to Susan Douglas's barn [her house was at 6114] was about where the house now stands."