"6115. (Shoemaker & Hotchkin, 5109.)
Shoemaker states that this was owned in 1809 by John Leibert, who had been a tanner in early life, and was a man of considerable means. In front of his house there stood two large linden trees which were obtained by him for John Shubert from along the Schuylkill...For a number of years the place was used as a boarding house conducted under the name of 'Melrose' by Miss Elizabeth Roe."
|| Home || Germantown || Addresses || Texts || Maps || Key ||