6133 Germantown Avenue
House built by Washington Pastorius, 1871
Photo Collection Box 43 folder 3, "Philadelphia Germantown
Mennonite Meeting House" (postcard also shows the Victorian house
that replaced Keyser house along Germantown Avenue).
1982 National Register of Historic Places Inventory for
Colonial Germantown Historic District:
"(SEC Pastorius) Residential building, 1871, two and one-half
stories, stone with wood trim, Second Empire style. ---
Samuel Keyser's heirs held the property until it was sold in 1870
to Washington Pastorius, who tore down the old buildings, erected two houses on
Germantown Avenue and opened up Pastorius Street.
Campbell Collection, vol. 33, pp. 205-209: Mennonite Church
(various sketches, printed and photographic images of the
Mennonite Church over time. Neighboring buildings include first
the Keyser House and then a Victorian house to the left as well
as different buildings behind the Meeting House. Includes images
by artist John Richards and
photographer L. Sowden).
|| Key ||