Included are unpublished typewritten notes:
"In 1809 the building on the northwest corner of Germantown Avenue and W. Rittenhouse Street belonged to William Stevenson, a shoe manufacturer. George Wunder, a butcher, married Stevenson's daughter and had his place of business in the house. It was afterwards Rittenhouse's store, and was one of the first places in the town to use illuminating gas. It is now a butcher establishment."
Back to the page for this location
|| Home || Germantown || Addresses || Texts || Maps || Key ||