Included are unpublished typewritten notes:
"5926. In this old house, at the southwest corner of Germantown
Avenue and West Haines Street, Dr. Henry J. Squire opened a drug
store in 1839, as a branch of his establishment at the southeast
corner of Collom Street and Germantown Avenue. He afterwards
removed to the opposite or northwest corner where Froelich's drug
store now is.
"At one time, 'Josie' Hooter, a worker in German silver, lived here. Some of the German silver spoons made by the old man are still in use in Germantown.
"Reuben Keyser carried on the grocery business here for many years. The place is now owned by his descendants."
Back to the page for this location
|| Home || Germantown || Addresses || Texts || Maps || Key ||