6004 Germantown Avenue

Naaman Keyser, Manuscript Notes for v. 2 (north of Chelten), History of Old Germantown, pp. 42-43
Germantown Historical Society

Included are unpublished typewritten notes:

Page 42:
"[Historic] About 1800 this was the residence of John Heft a butcher. At one time it was the residence of Abraham Davis...[who] gave considerable attention to a fine apple orchard that was back of his house.... George Kulp resided here in 1846, and in the 60's it was the home of Susan Wharton. In 1880 Mr. Miller of the Miller Bible publishing house occupied it. It afterwards became David Harkinson's confectionery and cake bakery."

Page 43:
"It is now the office of The Germantown Telegraph. Hiram Lodge?"

Back to the page for this location

|| Home || Germantown || Addresses || Texts || Maps || Key ||