Included are these unpublished typewritten notes:
"On the corner of what is now West Walnut Lane and the Haines property formerly stood a small frame building that was occupied about 1840 by the Washington Engine Company. This was a very old company, having been instituted in 1764. The company afterward removed to a large building on Haines Street."
Back to the page for this location
|| Home || Germantown || Addresses || Texts || Maps || Key ||