Collection (Compiled by Jane Campbell, circa 1900-1910), vol. 33: p. 125
(woodcut of Germantown Turnpike toll house and Potter Row)
PCA: 5829-65 Germantown Avenue (photograph circa 1960 or 1970).
Welcome to this archival chronicle of architecture in one particular area of Philadelphia's historic Germantown. The focus is on the blocks from Rittenhouse Street to Tulpehocken Street, between Greene and Baynton Streets.
The goal is to utilize the wealth of resources found in Philadelphia area archives to document as many sites as possible within these boundaries.
Sources include maps, insurance records, photographs, lantern slides, scrapbooks, newspapers, Historic American Buildings surveys, National Register of Historic Places Inventories, local histories, and more.
This web site may be navigated by:
Other proposed finding aids still under development will organize materials by:
|| Home || Addresses || Texts || Maps || Key ||
http://www.brynmawr.edu/iconog/gtn/gtown.htm; last rev. 16 aug 2000 cc