Chadwich homestead and Methodist rectory
Later site of the Fire Insurance Patrol headquarters
East Haines Street, south side, east of the original Methodist Meeting House and west of the second Methodist church site/Harmer School
"New Home for Insurance Patrol"
HSP: Campbell Collection, vol. 33, p. 211 (photograph in "Telegraph" newsclipping dated Sept. 7, 1917).
The Methodist rectory was once housed in the old Chadwick homestead. In 1917 the rectory was remodeled as headquarters for Fire Insurance Patrol No. 4. The facade of this flat-roofed, brick structure had two windows, a centered door and a garage door on the first floor, and three pairs of windows on the two upper floors.
|| Home || Germantown || Addresses || Texts || Maps || Key ||