Description and Background:
A large, two-story brick stable and coach house. Wood cornice with brackets, hipped tin roof, cupola, and portico across the front. Situated about 150 feet south of Walnut Lane and 350 feet east of Germantown Avenue. In 1868 this stable was the property of Conyers Button (son of the founder of the Germantown Hosiery Mills) who later built a mansion at 143 West Walnut Lane.