150 West Walnut Lane
PHC: 150 W. Walnut Lane.
Resources Survey, 1983 (photograph).
Description and Background:
Residence, constructed of local stone with wood trim, c. 1860.
Attributed to Samuel Sloan, Joseph Hoxie or John Riddell. This
bracketed Villa with gable tower is a large version of the
President Grover Cleveland stayed here frequently; one wing of
the house was erected for him and his bride.
- HSP: Franklin Fire Insurance Policy O 20964 for Fredk.
A. Van Dyke, Jr., December 29, 1858 (survey and first floor
- PHC: 150 W. Walnut Lane (contact prints and 8x10
- PHC: 150 W. Walnut Lane. Pennsylvania Historic
Resources Survey, 1983 (text, site plan,
and above photograph).
- PHC: 150 W. Walnut Lane. Philadelphia
- PHC: James C. Humes to Philadelphia Historical
Commission, [date?] (text about
Grover Cleveland associations).
- PHC: Philadelphia Contributionship Policy 35667A for
William Joseph Coverly-Smith and Elsie M. Coverly-Smith, October
24, 1946 (survey with footprint and two
photographs-front and rear).
- PHC: Tulpehocken Station
District, National Register of Historic Places Inventory, p.
- Riddle, John. Designs for Country Residences
(1861). Available at the LCP.
|| Key ||