The Wyck Barn, converted to the Mantle Fielding House
28 West Walnut Lane
For images see sources below
Wyck's early nineteenth century barn was
converted into a residence by architect Mantle Fielding c. 1891.
- GHS: Photo Scrapbook 5, p.52: "West Walnut Lane west of
Germantown Avenue. Left, rear, reconstructed stable of Wyck"
(photograph shows nos. 28, 40, and 50 West Walnut Lane).
Perkins Collection, vol. 61D, p. 78: "'The Barn,' The
Germantown Residence of Mr. Mantle Fielding" (newsclipping dated
Oct. 11, 1908, with photographs).
- Nolan, Thomas. The Suburban Dwelling and Country Villa
in Architectural Record XXIX (1911, pp. 256, 264 (photographs
before and after alterations). Available at the HSP.
- PHC: "17-11 W. Walnut Lane" (contact print
and 8x10 photograph).
- PHC: Mantle Fielding House Pennsylvania Historic
Resources Survey, 1983 (text, site plan,
- PHC: Philadelphia Register.
- PHC: HABS.
|| Key ||