"West Walnut Lane was opened up about 1848, and received its name from the large walnut tree (10 ft. in circumference) which stood in the middle of the road, and the road at first passed on either side of the tree. About 1875, the tree was cut down, when the road was macadamized. From Gtn. Ind. Gaz., Feb. 14, 1899."
|| Home || Germantown || Addresses || Texts || Maps || Key ||