Ellis Kiser, Atlas of Lower Merion, Montgomery Co., including part
of Delaware Co., and Overbrook Farms, Wynnefield & Overbrook, Philadelphia:
A. H. Mueller, 1896 (from Canaday Library, Bryn Mawr College).
This is a clickable imagemap linked to the individual plates in this
volume. Further down on this page is a list of local place names that link
to the same plates. Each of these plates is in turn linked to a more detailed
image of a quarter of that plate (but be aware that these are somewhat
larger files, about 400k each), reached by clicking on one of the four
quadrants of the overall plate.
Or, select a text link below. . .
- Overbrook Farms (includes the Overbrook railroad
station as well as the intersection of Lancaster Avenue and 63rd Street).
- Merion, West of the Railroad Station (includes
the Seminary of St. Charles Boromeo).
- Merionville and Academyville (includes Merion
Cemetery and Belmont Driving Park).
- Narberth, the Borough of (includes railroad
- Ardmore (includes Wynnewood railroad station
and eastern portion of Haverford).
- Haverford- Ardmore (includes Haverford College
and Haverford and Ardmore railroad stations).
- Bryn Mawr-Haverford (includes Merion Cricket
Club, the Bryn Mawr Hotel Co. [now the Baldwin School], and Haverford railroad
- Haverford, South of Lancaster Ave. (includes
Haverford College and Haverford Avenue).
- Villanova, South of Lancaster Ave. (includes
some of Villanova University).
- Rosemont-Bryn Mawr (includes Bryn Mawr Hotel
Co. [now the Baldwin School] and Bryn Mawr and Rosemont railroad station).
- Bryn Mawr, North of Lancaster Ave. (includes
Bryn Mawr College).
- Rosemont, North of Lancaster Ave. (includes
Rosemont railroad station)
- Rosemont-Bryn Mawr, North of Lancaster Avenue
(includes outskirts of West Conshohocken Borough)
- West of Merion Square, along the Schuylkill River
(includes West Spring Mill railroad station
- Merion Square (includes Gladwyne, the Mill
Creek, and the Rose Glen railroad station)
- Merion Square-Narberth (includes outskirts
of Manayunk, as well as Merion Square and Narberth)
- Cynwyd (includes the Westminster and West
Laurel Hill Cemeteries, the Manayunk Bridge across the Schuylkill River,
and the Cynwyd, West Manayunk, Pencoyd, and West Laurel Hill railroad stations)
- Wynnefield-Overbrook Land & Improvement Company
(includes the Wynnefield Avenue railroad station.)
Link to: [Home]
url = 1896map.html; last rev. = 4 Sept. 98.