Access the T Square Club Database

The T Square Club was founded in 1883 by thirteen Philadelphia architects to serve as a meeting place for informal design competitions and professional fellowship. Together with the Philadelphia Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, the Club helped organize a series of annual architectural exhibitions, most of them held at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts or the Art Club. In their heyday, they would include several hundred architectural items, from drawings to photographs to decorative elements.

In the mid-1890s, the catalogues for these exhibitions began to grow from simple handlists to well-illustrated books. collectively, they comprise one of our area's richer sources of period architectural information and images.

This database was worked up for the web from a word-processed list devised by the staff of the Athenaeum of Philadelphia and generously provided to the project.

Search the Database
The database contains information about location, client, architect, date, and usually some notes providing further descriptive identification.


The results of the search will be returned as a "hit list".





[home] [comments?]


url =; last rev. = 9 Sept. 03 jc