8705 Germantown Avenue

 

(photo courtesy of Chesnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection- 1970.23)


DATE: ca. 1890
ORIGINAL OWNER: “Dr. Boling’s House”
ARCHITECT: Unknown
CONTRACTOR: Unknown

This shingle-style dwelling stood where Battin &Lunger Pharmacy stands today. It was first replaced
by the “Top Of the Hill Diner.” Note on the left side of the photo the Rear corner of the Christian Hall
Library building (1872), Forerunner of the Chestnut Hill Branch of Free Library of Philadelphia, and
beyond it the top of steeple of the Church of Our Mother of Consolation.