8891 Germantown Avenue.

 

(photo courtesy of Chesnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection- 1970.48)


DATE:
ORIGINAL OWNER:
ARCHITECT: unknown
CONTRACTOR:

8891 Germantown Avenue. Since 1972, the Norwood Academy.
Macfarlane, page 126. "In 1849 Charles Taylor purchased
a few acres above the Schlatter house and built a stone
house which he called "Norwood". For a long time it was
the summer residence of Miss Harriet S. Benson, who
enlarged it very much."