8410 St. Martin 's Lane

 

(photo couretsy of Chesnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection- 1970.115)

DATE: 1903-1904
ORIGINAL OWNER: Frederick W. Taylor
ARCHITECT:
CONTRACTOR:

8410 St. Martin's Lane. "Boxley". Residence of Frederick
W. Taylor (died 1915). Built 1903-04. This property was
purchased in 1901 while the Taylors lived at "Red Gate"
on School House Lane (later the home of Clarence Warden).
In the garden there is (or was) an enormous wisteria
vine from "Cedron" in Germantown, the home of Mr.
Taylor's sister, Mrs. Clarence M. Clark. Robert Bender
was the head gardener. Half of the dwelling has been
demolished.