DATE: late 19th century
ORIGINAL OWNER: Colonel Alexander Biddle
First the home of Colonel Alexander Biddle (d. 1899), then his son, Lynford's house.
Lynford's, house. In 1903, according to "The Philadelphia Blue Book" Directory,
p. 360, lists Lynford Biddle at "Lanoraie", Stenton Avenue, Chestnut Hill. The Borie list
indicates home of Lynford Biddle. Schwenkfelter cemetery from 18th century was on
the back of this property. Entered from drive on Stenton Ave, now entered on
Paper Mill Rd where "Biddle Woods" development is today.
Note: Southeast corner of Stenton Avenue and Paper Mill Road was formerly
listed as Montgomery Avenue on east side across from 8840 Montgomery