203 West Chestnut Hill Avenue

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(photo courtesy of Chestnut Hill Historical Society-John Naylor Collection: 1970.34)

 

DATE: 1877-1878
ORIGINAL OWNER: Fredrick A. Isphoring
ARCHITECT: Unknown
CONTRACTOR: Unknown

This French styled dwelling began life as a substantially more elaborate Victorian
building, however, alterations in 1901, 1905 (shown here with its porches still
intact) and 1912 by architects Stewardson & Sims, in 1912 by Willing & Sims, and
1934 have greatly changed its appearance. Note the stone curbing along West Chestnut
Hill Avenue.